Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Product of the Week: Old Orchard Healthy Balance

Last week I posted a smoothie recipe that calls for a splash of juice, and mentioned that I typically use Old Orchard’s Healthy Balance Juice Cocktails in my smoothies.
I love these products – since they are sweetened with Splenda, a cup of this juice has only a few grams of sugar and falls under 30 calories. Adding around ¼ cup to my veggie smoothies sweetens them up and provides the desired consistency without adding a lot of extra sugar and calories.
And they taste great! I’ve tried several flavors and have loved them all. My current favorite is Pomegranate Cranberry.
I usually try to stick to water or milk with breakfast, but when I’m really craving something sweet or have come down with a cold, I turn to these Healthy Balance juices. Like many fruit juices, they provide 100% of your daily vitamin C per serving.
This juice cocktail would also be a good alternative to regular juice for people who need to watch their carbohydrate intake, such as those with diabetes. 1 cup has only 5g of carbohydrates, which is about the same amount of carbohydrates as a cup of broccoli.

Moreover, I can usually find Healthy Balance juices for a very fair price – at my local Marc’s grocery store, they usually run around $1.50 to $1.80 per ½ gallon.
Has anyone tried these before? What did you think?

Thanks for reading!
Anna

*Please note: I am not paid in any way for any product endorsement at this time. I just like to share!

1 comment:

  1. Fat Kid Perspective: This juice is quite amazing. It's a personal favorite that I get whenever I go to Marc's as well (usually 8 are stalking my mini fridge at a time). Less sugar, but all the taste. Fat kid approved!!!

    On a more serious note. My mother was in the mood for a smoothie the other day and stumbling across your blog again showed me your "Fruit and veggie" smoothie that was a big hit at my household. So with a family that has a history of diabetes (luckily, hasn't got me yet), I really have to watch the sugar intake and not being a big "fruit" guy this is a great way for me to get some "fruit" in my diet without all that excess sugar that will cause more health problems in the future.

    Thanks for all the hard work Anna, it's appreciated. (My family's happy tummies thank you too).

    ~Al

    ReplyDelete