Thursday, April 26, 2012

Recipe: Easy Cucumber Salad

When my friend invited me over for a night with the girls, I knew I wanted to make something healthy and fresh-tasting for the potluck, but I also didn’t want to spend much money and I was pretty strapped for time. This cold cucumber salad was the perfect balance of nutrition, ease, and taste, and cost me less than $4 to make. Best part? I didn’t have any leftovers to take home – I call that a successful recipe!


Makes 6-8 servings.
Ingredients:
·         1 ½ English cucumbers, chopped
·         3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
·         1 orange, red, or yellow bell pepper, chopped
·         ¼ cup light oil and vinegar salad dressing (try Ken’s Lite Italian)
·         2 Tbsp grated parmesan
·         A little black pepper and Italian seasoning, to taste
Directions:
·         Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl. Mix well.
·         Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, shaking occasionally.
Yep, that’s it. Simple, cheap, healthy, and delicious – this is the way food is supposed to be! It doesn't have to be complicated to taste great.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!
Anna

2 comments: